Search For a How To

How to unlock a Nokia x6 with a broken lock button


Many people find that there side keypad unlock switch has broke or snapped off as it gets loose and eventually falls off. Then only way to get that fixed is to take it to a Nokia Care Center or take it to a local mobile phone shop that does cheap repair work. But i found out that there is no point of getting it fixed because you can unlock it without using the side lock button. There is a new application called slide to unlock that works for the x6, n97 and 5800 and uses the same way you unlock you iphone by sliding you finger across the screen.


You might have a problem installing the that application onto your Nokia x6, so tell somebody to call you, then you can get around installing the application because the phone will unlock itself. Once installed, you can unlock your Nokia x6 by sliding your finger across the slide bar on the bottom of the screen, as a permanent unlock method.
Previous Post
Next Post

17 comments:

  1. you are THE BEST!!!! i called myself from another phone so i got it unlocked...and switched off the autolock...installed the side bar lock and...PERFECT!!! thank YOUUUU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you a legend thanks alot....10 points for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems to be even better than the Pocket Lock Ovi app.. great cheers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what if my phone got locked and my unlocked switch broke..what may i have to do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to me in same position as the person above namely I'm stuck in locked position. The switch whilst still in place has become slack presumably because of switch failure/disengagement from the spring. Neither calling the phone/plugging in headphones seems to enable me to unlock it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That'd be great if I didn't have a lock code setup.. Any suggestions..????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many many thanks! My daughter has gone months without access to her x6. Plugged the earphones in and it was active immediately! Auto Lock off and she downloaded Slide Unlock from Nokia Ovi Store. All sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take a pen and move the bar to lock or unlock...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did it with pen for some days after 2 week even that lock is also broken ,very bad phone !! My biggest mistake to buy that phone

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as I turned my phone of it didn't work, any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou so much my friend :) May Ganesh remove all obstacles in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. or u can select options -..-..-.. security and your phone doesn t need to unlock from an app or using keyguard

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhh...!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...